You've gotta love Africa

You've gotta love Africa
Elder Chambers and Elder Kivaya in Oda

Going to Save the World

Going to Save the World
Elder Donovan Chambers

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

6 February 2012


So joe and Valentina's move went quite well! they stayed in our area, which is awesome! now we just need to get them to come to church!

On thursday i went on splits with elder Manning. he has been out on his mission for about a month and a half and he doesnt really know  his area very well, so we ended up riding to the top of his are and then back to the bottom like 7 times that day, it was awesome lol. He's a cool kid, just a little shell shocked i think. he'll figure it out.

On friday i just had one of those days. We helped someone move in the morning. which should have been fun except that it was me and elder larsen and then a bunch of old and/or weak ppl. so Larsen and I had to carry all the heavy stuff and I just let myself get annoyed. Which started my bad day. after that we had a few lessons fall through, no one answered their door, i let myself get mad at elder larsen cause he got us lost, my bike broke, i fell off of my bike, the zipper broke on my jacket, and i accidentally kinda broke a door at walmart ( they fixed it, no worries ) so that was my bad day. I was better the next day :) moral of the story: if you let yourself get annoyed or angry, youre going to be in a bad mood. so be happy :) its better :)

Sunday was ok. we had good classes in church, but none of our investigators came :/ lame. and we found out that one of theladies we're teaching actually lives in a different area so we're going to have to give her to them. also lame!

but i feel like this is a lame, negative email, so lets see if i can fix it. I received a christmas package from some of my ohio friends. That was awesome! thanks for everyone that did that! and i bought a zen garden from the dollar store! also awesome. my desk is a lot more peaceful and balanced now. And the weather is still beautiful here! about 60 degrees and sunny all the time.

I found this quote the day before my bad day:
The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising everytime we fall.
-Nelson Mandela

I thought about this quote as i was laying on the ground after i fell off of my bike. it didnt inspire me. it made me more mad. lol. but its a good one i think. as long as the timings right lol.

and an old lady named Pearl said this too me "A friendly wave is a help today." i like that! (she has alzheimers, we visit her once a week, shes great!)

So stand up when you fall down and then wave at someone. it'll make the world a better place :)

I miss you all! i hope everyone is safe and happy. I pray for you everyday :)

love,
elder donovan chambers :)

No comments:

Post a Comment