You've gotta love Africa

You've gotta love Africa
Elder Chambers and Elder Kivaya in Oda

Going to Save the World

Going to Save the World
Elder Donovan Chambers

Monday, January 24, 2011

24 January 2011

I hope you guys all had a great week. Things were normal for us here. It was hot all week. On Wednesday we went to the temple side to have a mission tour with Elder Setati who's from Kenya and in the area presidency. It was a good meeting. He shared a lot of good experiences with us and challenged us to an experiment on being exactly obedient to the white handbook for six months. We also got some time to ask him questions about things. In the evening we got some excitement when I crashed my bicycle, getting a bit skinned up on my elbow, but nothing worse than that. On Friday we had our zone's interviews with President Smith. We were instructed by the APs on some of the principles we've been learning. President Smith checked our planners in the interviews and gave us tips to improve. He showed me that parrot that he has. I was lucky to ask him about it because he told me he was giving it to a new home the next day. It's an African gray parrot and can say like 150 words. He told me that he wanted to take it home, but it's illegal to import them. I guess he finishes his mission in june or july. Anyway on Saturday we worked very hard to catch up after having so many meetings this week. On sunday no one came to church who we've given a date to, but we still had some investigators come. Things are looking like we'll have some success in February. I love working with Elder Moses. He turned 27 this week. Well I love you guys a ton. Enjoy winter. Stay warm. Love, Elder Chambers

No comments:

Post a Comment