You've gotta love Africa

You've gotta love Africa
Elder Chambers and Elder Kivaya in Oda

Going to Save the World

Going to Save the World
Elder Donovan Chambers

Monday, January 10, 2011

10 January 2011

How are you guys doing? This week we had our transfers. President Smith called Elder Nwachukwu on Monday to be a Zone Leader in Tema zone so on Tuesday he spent a lot of time saying goodbye to the friends he has made here. On Wednesday we had the transfer. The new missionaries coming to Alajo ward and the apartments are: Elder Asiedu, Elder Hunsaker, and Elder Moses. Elder Asiedu is from Kumasi, Ghana. He's our new District Leader and is just coming out of the mission office as AP. He is going home in march and until then will be training Elder Hunsaker. Elder Hunsaker is from Bountiful, Utah and will be a great missionary I'm sure. Elder Moses is coming from Oda and is my new companion. We already know each other from when I was in the North Zone. He's from Sierre Leone and will go home this December. I'm really psyched to have him as a companion. It's really been enjoyable serving with him this week and it'll be a relief to have someone normal for a change. Anyway, this week was bit disappointing for us. Our investigators, none of them came to church. It doesn't look like anyone will be baptized this month, and we have like the lowest number of people with dates in the district. The people we have in our teaching pool are few, and we aren't getting any help from the members. For those problems, though, they don't really get me down. I know I've been working hard and I can't even try to force people accept christ's gospel. It's just up to me to keep working hard. The people that it will really stress are Elder Asiedu and the Zone Leaders. Love you guys. I'm doing great now. Have fun! Elder Chambers

No comments:

Post a Comment