You've gotta love Africa

You've gotta love Africa
Elder Chambers and Elder Kivaya in Oda

Going to Save the World

Going to Save the World
Elder Donovan Chambers

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

6 September 2010

Hey everybody. Sorry you guys didn't get an email last week. The internet wasn't really working so I got to read your emails and write my own email, but I couldn't send or save the email that I wrote. So sorry about that. Anyway last week the big news that happened was that Elder Nielsen was called as a trainer and we had a mission tour. So we went to Accra on Wednesday and attended the mission tour and stayed over night so that Elder Nielsen could attend Trainers Council. The mission tour was really good. We all prepared talks on obedience to prepare for it. And the main speaker, a seventy from Cote D'Ivoire whose name I can't remember, gave a talk about satan's great plan of misery. He went through the scriptures and showed us some of satan's many methods and strategies to cause our misery. Ok now to this week. On tuesday we found out what transfers would be. I'd be going to the Alajo ward in Accra. And Elder Nielsen would be staying in Asamankese with his greenie. So then on tuesday night we had Rosetta's baptism. Elder Nielsen was the baptist and it was a little funny because of how scared Rosetta was of the water. She was brave though and everything went smooth. During the time after the mission tour on wednesday and at trainer's council thursday, I spent going on splits with the elders in Jamestown. It was way different from Asamankese. Anyway we finally made it back home thursday night. Then I packed up all my stuff. Which was pretty easy because I'm having less and less stuff it seems like every time I pack. Wednesday the Terrys came and picked us up and took us to the mission home. My new companion is Elder Maloni from zimbabwe. He seems pretty cool. He's funny and relaxed and I think we'll have a good transfer together. I'll be his second companion so he's still fresh. We cover half the Alajo ward. The other elders in the apartment cover the other half. They're Elder Nwachuku from Nigeria. He's our district leader and just got a new trainee, Elder Maughn from Utah. Elder Maughn is having a hard time being away from home, but I'm sure he'll get to love the work soon enough. Our area is somehow struggling. It'll be an upward battle this month to achieve the goal they set. Last night in weekly planning we went through every person in the area book and in the end we ended up with only 22 people left in the teaching pool and most of them seem pretty unserious/weak/flaky so we'll need to do a lot of good finding this week or we won't have much success in October either. Well that's how things are in my part of the world. I love you guys too much. Let me know what's up with you. Love, Bradford

No comments:

Post a Comment