You've gotta love Africa

You've gotta love Africa
Elder Chambers and Elder Kivaya in Oda

Going to Save the World

Going to Save the World
Elder Donovan Chambers

Monday, September 27, 2010

27 September 2010

howdy everyone. First of all I got the birthday package you guys sent. Thank you soooo much. It's probably my favorite birthday present I've ever gotten. I was glad to see the pictures, everyone is looking fresh. The letters were all interesting. Just about the last thing I opened was the tortillas, and I just about squealed with glee. I ate them with the mexican rice yesterday. You guys are best. I love you so much. Tell everyone thanks for me. Things this week were a bit tough. On tuesday after district meeting we went on splits with the APs. That was cool, we had a sweet lesson with some cool new investigators and they committed to be baptized. Then on Wednesday I had the flu and we slept most of the day, only going out in the evening. On thursday I had a headache all day, but we got a ton of work done. Friday my tire got a huge puncture so we walked all day and had a lot of appointments fail us. Saturday we had a good baptism for Jeremina and five people from the rest of the district. On sunday we had quite a few dissapointments. None of the people having a baptismal date came to church. We had a new investigator come and a small girl who's been coming for a month or so. That was everyone that came to church. We did get our first member referral since I came to the area though. So that was nice. But the fact that it was our first in a month gives you an idea of the member involvement in the ward. Love, Elder Chambers

No comments:

Post a Comment