You've gotta love Africa

You've gotta love Africa
Elder Chambers and Elder Kivaya in Oda

Going to Save the World

Going to Save the World
Elder Donovan Chambers

Monday, February 22, 2010

22 February 2010

Hey guys, sorry to hear that some of you are sick. Congratulations on getting into college Donovan! That's really awesome. Record snow sounds pretty nice to me right now, I think it has been in the 90s all week. Oh yeah I have a new email address now. The mission is now going to be using the myldsmail.net. So you should email me here now. Anyway last week was pretty good. On thursday we went to accra central to have zone interviews with President Smith and attend the temple. It was really great I love going to the temple. The temple is on Accra's main street, just down the road from the presidential palace. The peace and quiet really let you feel the spirit there, and it is a real contrast to the hot bustling traffic just outside. Adding the peace and quiet to the comfortable couches in the celestial room meant that the temple workers had a difficult time judging whether a few missionaries were saying really long prayers or needed to be woken up. I think everyone was a little tired since everyone had to leave very early from their apartments to beat the morning rush hour. Also this week we had a nice dinner at Elder Ahadjie's home. He is an area seventy and it was really cool to see what he is like at home. Turns out, that like everyone else in Ghana he's a big football (soccer) fan. While we were eating we could hear him and Sister Ahadjie cheering for a match. Sister Ahadjie is a really big fan; but she doesn't watch many matches because she gets way too excited. She said she has the same problem with professional wrestling. That's another thing I like about Ghana, everyone thinks professional wrestling isn't fake. We had some really good proselyting expierences this week. We now have two people with baptismal dates, JW Appiah and Georgina Yerinkye, and another investigator, Zainleone, who told us he wants to be baptized. Unfortunately Elder Ewudzie is in kind of down mood because we haven't been able to get our weekly lesson goals lately, and this week we only had 6 new investigators. It's good to be concerned when you aren't meeting goals, but he is too discouraged and he realizes that he is which makes him even more discouraged. He's taught me a lot about myself and I wish I could help. I'm really thankful that I've been blessed to always have a positive outlook since on my mission. Well I love you guys all so much. Owen, thanks for the letters! Mom, thanks for your letter too and helping Owen. See you guys before you know it! Love, Elder Bradford Chambers

No comments:

Post a Comment