You've gotta love Africa

You've gotta love Africa
Elder Chambers and Elder Kivaya in Oda

Going to Save the World

Going to Save the World
Elder Donovan Chambers

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

15 February 2010

Hey everyone! Happy President's Day! I hope you guys are enjoying your winter weather, I'm still sweating a lot here. I'd guess it's in the 90s every day. If the seasons are changing I can't really tell. I keep asking if the hamatan is coming. He says it should be here, but you know it's not really because of global climate change and stuff. Well in honor of Elder Holland coming next week we had a general cleaning of the chapel last Saturday. So we scrubbed walls all morning. It's pretty obvious why the church likes to put carpet on the walls. I have no idea what's up with the primary kids touching and drawing on all the walls they can reach. After that though we were able to have a really nice baptism for Sis Darko. It was the first time I've gotten to actually perform the baptism. It was really, really sweet. It's so great when we see the fruits of our labors. On Sunday she received the holy ghost and was confirmed. Elder Ewudzie is planning on sending a picture of her on her baptismal day to her son. He is serving a mission right now in Nigeria. This week we are going to the mission home for our zone interviews with President Smith. This is so we'll be able to go through the temple. I guess every three months or so we get the chance of going through the temple. I'm excited to go again. First of all you learn so much each time you go through the temple and second of all the temple here is really beautiful. Well we have another busy week planned, and I hope all of you are safe and enjoying life. It's good to hear from you. Love, Elder Bradford Chambers

No comments:

Post a Comment