You've gotta love Africa

You've gotta love Africa
Elder Chambers and Elder Kivaya in Oda

Going to Save the World

Going to Save the World
Elder Donovan Chambers

Monday, April 22, 2013

22 April 2013


happy Monday everyone!!!!

lifes good here in Vegas. its weird, because its still ugly and hot and brown here, and its the desert and nothing living actually enjoys living here. but I LIKE living here! at least for right now its great to be here!

I think im getting the hang of this new area. im still working on remembering everyones' name in the ward, that'll take me another month, but ive met everyone we're teaching and i've learned a lot of the streets already. (when you ride a bike, the penalty is big for a wrong turn, so you learn quickly) And my bike is still working! two whole weeks and no problems yet *knock on wood*

Elder till and I are doing well. we, along with the district, are pushing to find new people to teach. all of us have some really promising people we are teaching, but a lot of them have been "really promising" for a long time, so we need to find some new ppl. so far so good though, we're doing pretty well at meeting our goals.

as a zone we are playing flag football today, should be fun, except that its 90 degrees out!

oh, and i finished reading the Book of Mormon again! good news: its still true! the end of the book always amazes me. how Mormon and Moroni (father and son) are the last two people following Christ, probably in the whole continent. the love of Mormon for his son is what struck me this time. He writes a letter to his son and basically says "The rest of our people have fallen away, this brings me great sadness. the one thing that brings me joy is that you, my son, are still strong in your faith" he then pleads with his son to STAY strong, so that when their lives end they can be reunited in the presence of our God.  I sure hope that in the end of my life i can take solace in the fact that my children are faithful to the Lord.

God is GOOD, remembering that makes life good :)

I hope all of you are doing well!

love,
elder donovan :)

No comments:

Post a Comment