You've gotta love Africa

You've gotta love Africa
Elder Chambers and Elder Kivaya in Oda

Going to Save the World

Going to Save the World
Elder Donovan Chambers

Monday, May 14, 2012

14 May 2012


so i talked to my mama yesterday, she is the best!!!!!!! and the rest of my family too, they are awesome! I found out my dad and uncle and older brother are going on a cool hiking trip to the grand canyon without me :( and and little 5 year old patrick taught me a little bit about prayer lol. i was telling my family that i did not get transferred. that means that i will be staying in the same area with my same companion for the next 6 weeks. it also means that i will be staying in the vegas west mission when it splits, so my opportunity to go to reno, and get out of the vast, dirty, barren dessert that vegas is,  has been dashed. so i was jokingly telling my family that i had been praying for a transfer up north, and patrick pipes up and says "ya but Donaphin, you dont always get what you pray for!" haha, so true little buddy. it was good to talk to all of them :)

other big events that happened this week.....

i found my first scorpion! that was way cool! we actually caught the first one and messed with it for awhile and then let it go. later we were telling the member we live with about how excited we were to find a scorpion and she got MAD at us for not killing it! i said, why would i kill it? its cooool! so she told us about how she got stung by one and then ordered us to kill the rest of them that we see lol. so we went on a scorpion hunt :) when you shine a black light on them they glow bright green (way cool) so they are pretty easy to find. i smashed one of them with a big stick and its guts exploded all over my face and shirt. there was bright green splatter all over me. true story.

and we met some awesome people yesterday and taught them about the Book of Mormon. they are very excited to come to church next week. Super cool!

i hope you all are being good and behaving yourselves. and having lots of fun!!!!!!!!!! miss you all!

love,
elder donovan :)

No comments:

Post a Comment