You've gotta love Africa

You've gotta love Africa
Elder Chambers and Elder Kivaya in Oda

Going to Save the World

Going to Save the World
Elder Donovan Chambers

Monday, March 28, 2011

28 March 2011

This week was pretty hot for us. The sun was nearly burning me through my shirt. I hope you guys are doing great. This week was pretty nice for us. We did the usual teaching and finding. We had a baptism for Gideon and Bernice on Saturday and they were confirmed yesterday. The baptism was a little disappointing because the members didn't come much including the ward mission leader and auxiliary leaders. I'm grateful the Bishop came even if he was a little late. One of Elder Asiedu's and Elder Hunsaker's candidates also decided she wouldn't be baptized because of all the pressure her family was giving her to quit the church so that was also sad. This was Elder Asiedu's last week so he was the baptist for us. He'll be leaving tomorrow for the mission home. Transfers will be this week. I've spent 5 transfers here in Alajo and I have 5 transfers left before I go home. I'm not sure whether I'm hoping to go or stay. I'll really miss the people in this area if I go and it looks like we can have a lot of success in the next 6 weeks. If I stay though I'll be feeling like I've already contacted every person in the area. So I guess I'll be happy whatever happens. Or else sad whatever happens. In our district their will a least be some changes since Elder Asiedu is going home and Elder Berry is going to be the new AP. That means Elder Hunsaker will have a new companion and we'll all have a new zone leader and a new district leader. Well love you guys. Take care and stay cool. Love, Elder Chambers

No comments:

Post a Comment