You've gotta love Africa

You've gotta love Africa
Elder Chambers and Elder Kivaya in Oda

Going to Save the World

Going to Save the World
Elder Donovan Chambers

Monday, November 15, 2010

15 November 2010

How's everyone doing? This week was pretty interesting. First of all on Tuesday around lunch time President Smith called to tell us that he was breaking up the trio which I was happy to hear, but that my new companion will be Elder Maganda. Elder Maganda is from Uganda and I think he's now in his 5th transfer and I'm his 7th companion. He's not the easiest person in the world to get along with. On Friday we had a temple trip and zone interviews. President Smith told me he wanted to put Elder Maganda with me because he's seen that I'm patient, longsuffering, and not easily ruffled. So I'm sure if everything goes cool with Elder Maganda and I that means I'll be having the worst companions for the rest of my mission... Well anyway this week has been pretty smooth. I can tell that he's really trying to do his best to be agreeable. We had big disappointments all week with investigators keeping commitments. Also my breakfast fell all over the street on tuesday. Going to the temple was great though and on Saturday we had a good baptism for Alex, Evelyn, and Gifty. We'll be trying to find some people this week that can progress to be baptized for December. The only help we are getting from the ward is advice on how to do our job. Their number one tip?--to stop wasting our time teaching people that they think are not serious (but that are coming to church). It's not easy. Love you guys a ton. Hope you are enjoying the football season/autumn. Love, Elder Chambers

No comments:

Post a Comment