You've gotta love Africa

You've gotta love Africa
Elder Chambers and Elder Kivaya in Oda

Going to Save the World

Going to Save the World
Elder Donovan Chambers

Monday, June 7, 2010

7 June 2010

Hey everyone! How's life? Happy Birthday Dad! I hope you guys are preparing to enjoy your summer vacation. First off the big news is I got transferred today. I'm now in Asamankese. I'll tell you about how that happened later. Last week went pretty well. We gave two people baptismal dates, but neither came to church on Sunday so we were sad about that. Also this week we had zone conference. We learned that mission is still progressing. Our district didn't achieve our goal but the zone was able too. We learned that as of that day, June 5, the mission would have 1000 baptisms for 2010. Most of the zone conference was on how we can build better unity with our companion and on exact obedience. Two things president smith the spirits really been prompting him that the mission needs to improve on. I'm sure as we apply what we learn things will really progress. I also got some letters you sent at the end of may. Thanks! What I didn't get was either the May or June Liahonas. So still no conference talks for me except the 1 session we watched a few weeks ago. Anyway yesterday as we left our weekly FM at the branch president's house President Smith calls and says he needs us to perform an emergency transfer--just three days before normal transfers. One lady in Asamankese has fallen for Elder Moses so I swapped with him this morning. I went to Asaman and he went to Oda. So until transfers on wednesday our district has the same people. Only I'm now in Asamankese with Elder Stout. This is Elder Stout's last transfer. He's from Price?, Utah. Not Bryce, Utah. He's a great missionary and I'm really looking forward to the transfer. I don't know anything really about Asamankese. I just got here this morning. What I do know is that we cover three branches. 2 Here in Asamankese and 1 in Kade, which is like an hour trotro ride away. So I get plenty of trotro time...just what I was hoping for. Also word is they are opening Suhum this transfer (Wed.) and so they'll be joining the district. They were also having plans to add another companionship to asamankese, but 2 elders went home last week so that got put on hold--we think at least. Well I'll let you know how everything goes next monday. On Saturday I sent you guys a bunch of letters, so be expecting them. I think I wrote one for everyone except Mom and Dad. Sorry bout that. Love you though. I hope everyone enjoys the last week of school. Love, Elder Chambers

No comments:

Post a Comment