You've gotta love Africa

You've gotta love Africa
Elder Chambers and Elder Kivaya in Oda

Going to Save the World

Going to Save the World
Elder Donovan Chambers

Monday, April 19, 2010

19 April 2010

Hey everyone! I hope you are all doing great. This week was pretty normal, except for one thing I guess. We were walking all week because Elder Kivaya's bicycle got tired and needed a rest. It wasn't a big deal for me because in New Legon we walked all the time. We are getting it repaired today, though, so we'll be able to ride this week. By the way,I think we had a bit of a rainy season in the middle of the week.
Yesterday, we had a pretty good Church service, except that all of our recent converts disappointed and went awol. Also, Michael Kim was out of contact with us all week (he doesn't have a phone) and whenever we went to his place (almost every day) he was gone. We found out he had traveled to Accra. So anyway, we ended up cancelling his baptism. I guess this is the second time he's disappeared after getting a baptismal date. (The last time was before I came, I guess his father died so they had the funeral or something.) So because of that we're still going to try and work with him, pray for him, etc., but we won't set a goal on him next transfer. Everyone has their agency, I suppose. Despite that disappointment according to the Zone Leaders our Zone and the Mission was able to surpass their baptismal goal.
Also to let you guys (ie Mom) know, the district is back to four missionaries again. That happened last week, Elder Moses from Sierre Leone will be with Elder Stout. Both the Chapel here and the 'apartment' are awesome here in Oda. The Chapel is super nice and built on this hillside. It's really beautiful and stuff. The compound is huge. The branch President said it was put up in only 6 months. I'm not sure about that. He has an enthusiastic mind and tends to exaggerate. But compared to the other buildings around it probably could be said to be put up in a week. I think most buildings, especially big ones like churches, around here take years and years to build. 10-15+ I'd guess. The apartment here is super nice, because it's actually a house. It was rented for couple missionaries, but the couple missionaries never came to Oda so we get to enjoy. There is three bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a living room, and a kitchen. And just 2 missionaries...
It's good you guys are staying active. I'm looking forward to playing frisbee again. I can't believe Connor's 14. By the way, Connor, happy birthday again; I love you lots. Tell Micah good luck for me. Rome! That's pretty crazy. I'm sure he'll do well there. Tell Grandma, Grandpa, and all the family that I love them. I'll try to write them a letter to mail them this Saturday when we go to Koforidua for zone conference. Well I hope the rest of the world is doing good. I love you guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment