You've gotta love Africa

You've gotta love Africa
Elder Chambers and Elder Kivaya in Oda

Going to Save the World

Going to Save the World
Elder Donovan Chambers

Monday, December 21, 2009

14 December 2009

Hey everybody! I hope everyone is doing great. It's a little hard to believe that it is the middle of December for me. A little because I feel like there is no way I've been here for this long, but mostly because it feels like the middle of summer. It must have flurried by now, hasn't it? My week was pretty good. We've been working really hard to give our investigators Book of Mormons so they can start reading and gaining testimonies for themselves. We don't give any Book of Mormons out until we are sure they understand what a valuable thing it is we're giving them. I started rereading the Book of Mormon myself this week. We got our conference issue Liahona magazine this week so to kind of start my reading of the Book of Mormon I read Elder Jeffrey R. Holland's talk on the Book of Mormon again. I wish I had more time to study, but fortunately we always have a lot work to do. This Wednesday is my first zone conference, which also happens to be the mission's Christmas conference, and like the only time the whole mission is all together. I'm pretty excited for it, I'll get to meet the whole mission at the very beginning. The program sounds pretty cool from what the zone leaders have told us. I'll let you guys know about it next week. It's hard for me that I can't understand more than half of the things people are saying around me. Not to mention that half the time I say something the people are just like, "Huh?". Other than that I'm adjusting well, though it is getting drier and drier all the time. Thanks so much for your prayers, I should be mailing a couple letters at the christmas conference this week. Let everyone know I love them! Love, Elder Chambers.

No comments:

Post a Comment