You've gotta love Africa

You've gotta love Africa
Elder Chambers and Elder Kivaya in Oda

Going to Save the World

Going to Save the World
Elder Donovan Chambers

Sunday, November 15, 2009

29 October 2009

Dear Family, How are you all doing? I am having a great time here at the MTC. We are being taught and learning so much. I can't wait to get out into the field and begin teaching. My companion and I have been working on a lesson that we are teaching tomorrow. We are going to teach about prophets and then mopve onto Joseph Smith. We'll be teaching the MTC manager and then the MTC President as they pretend to be the Mackey Family. Today we got to go to the Accra Temple. It is right on the main road in Accra. Inside it has the same basic floor plan as the Columbus Temple, but it is decoratedvery differently. There are vaulted ceilings and dark red room everywhere. There is a beautiful mural of an Afican forest too. On Sunday we watched some of general conference. It was really good to see again. Some of the talks seemed more powerful/important to me now then they did the forst time we watched them. For the most of each day we are studying and learning constantly. It should really pay off as we enter enter the field. I really like Alma 17:2-3. I hope that when all of us at the MTC enter the field that we will be able to teach with power and authority of God. I love all of you guys. Happ birthday Patrick!! Love, Elder Chambers

No comments:

Post a Comment