You've gotta love Africa

You've gotta love Africa
Elder Chambers and Elder Kivaya in Oda

Going to Save the World

Going to Save the World
Elder Donovan Chambers

Sunday, November 15, 2009

4 November 2009

(This letter and the one from Oct. 29th both arrived on Thursday Nov.12) Dear Family, I hope that all of you are doing really well. Here at the MTC we have been very busy all of the time. I've done a lot of personal study and wish I had time to do more. The teachers and classes have been great to learn about how to be the absolute most effective teacher you can be. We practice all of the time adjusting what we teach to meet the different investigators needs, concerns, interests, rate of learning, etc. Preach My Gosple is such a great resource. It is really easy for you to be able to teach whatever the Spirit directs rather than just teaching a memorized discussion. I wish I'd studdied it a lot more before coming. It is truly going to revolutionize the number of convert the church gets. Another thing I wished I'd done before coming is kept a journal. It's been great to put may doings, my thoughts, impressions, etc. into writing each night. There is something to be said for putting a thing into your own handwriting. It really crystallizes your thoughts and gives you new insights. I can tell I'm going to treasure my journals immenseky. I'd encourage all of you to start keeping them. I know you;ll love it. Let me know how everyone's doing, love you lots. Love, Elder Bradford Chambers

No comments:

Post a Comment