You've gotta love Africa

You've gotta love Africa
Elder Chambers and Elder Kivaya in Oda

Going to Save the World

Going to Save the World
Elder Donovan Chambers

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

23 August 2011

So far so good here at the mtc! Ive seen anthony and nathan and darby and so many other friends from my ward last year! a couple ppl have recognized me as the "guy from wyview that broke his leg last year" lol. IM EXHASTED! they keep us busy all the time, and we put all our energy into remembering scriptures and what things we want to teach who, and then we get to the lessons and our investigators want to talk about something completly different lol. Here at the mtc they have a new program with a lot more teaching opportunities. They bring in actors and members and our teachers all pretend to be ppl interested in the church. Which is pretty cool cause my companion Elder Larson and I have taught 4 or 5 lessons already! so far so good. we still arent teaching very well as a team, but i think it'll come. We tried taught a guy yesterday that wouldnt let us talk! His name was Junichi and he was this little bald asian man with round glasses and a ridiculous accent. I told him i was from Ohio and he got this big smile on his face and ask if I knew where Tleditle was. I said "no, im sorry i dont". He was pretty dissapointed and asked "are you sure?" and then spelled it out for me. T-o-l-e-d-o. haha, he used to work in toledo, but i guess he never learned how to pronounce it. anyway, he told us all about being Shinto and japanese culture and about his family and didnt leave us anytime to teach him! We'll see him again on thursday, so hopfully he's run out of things to say and we can teach a little. My companion is a good guy. Hes from idaho and is also going to the Vegas West Mission, along with 3 other elders in my district. The other missionaries in my district, 2 elders and 4 sisters are all going to the west indies! one of the elders went home this week (just to much stress from homesickness we think) so that was kinda sad. But our district is getting along really well! we do well teaching each other and really building up each others testimonies! My address will be the same until Sept 5, so if youre gonna send me something (which you all should) make sure it'll get here by then, or send it to the mission home address, which was the one i put on facebook first i think. Anyway, love you all! so does Christ! dont forget it! Elder Donovan Chambers

No comments:

Post a Comment