You've gotta love Africa

You've gotta love Africa
Elder Chambers and Elder Kivaya in Oda

Going to Save the World

Going to Save the World
Elder Donovan Chambers

Monday, July 11, 2011

11 July 2011

How is everybody doing? This week Elder Sesay and I had some cool experiences. First of all on Tuesday evening while we were at the chapel for some meetings this guy just showed up and told us that he'd been thinking about joining the church for awhile and could we give him some more information on it. We were like, "No Problem!" And were able to start teaching him that night. Whenever we are proselyting I've been trying to focus on finding families that we can teach. I'm not really sure why I've been doing this, but it's just something I've been feeling like doing for awhile now. We started teaching a father with 3 small kids last week who seems like a pretty serious investigator. This last Saturday the sisters in ward 2 baptized 3 of the people that elder kanu and I had prepared before the transfer. Peter, who is a Nigerian footballer, and a mother and son, Elizbeth and Benard. The other highlight of the week was meeting our new mission president and wife, Elder and Sister Judd. They seem great and really excited to be here and working. They discussed a lot of things and it seemed like the zone conference was like being back in seminary class. They're different from the Smiths, and I know they are what the Lord wants for our mission. I love you guys so much. Love, Elder Chambers

No comments:

Post a Comment