You've gotta love Africa

You've gotta love Africa
Elder Chambers and Elder Kivaya in Oda

Going to Save the World

Going to Save the World
Elder Donovan Chambers

Monday, May 23, 2011

23 May 2011

How's everybody? I hope you guys are getting ready for summer. This week it seemed like Elder Kanu and I had to go through a lot of hardship, but for some reason we were cheerful and hardworking throughout. On Tuesday after district meeting the office elders brought us some supposedly working bicycles. I say supposedly, because we spent almost the whole of tuesday and half of wednesday repairing mine. Which used up all of my money. Then since we had no records from the missionaries that left we started spending all of our time contacting and finding people to teach. Which means a lot of walking/biking in the sun and a lot of failed appointments. By the end of the week though we were able to increase our teaching pool from 0 to 18 so that's not so bad. On friday the APs came for a leadership training and were supposed to give our district leader the money to reimburse me for repairing the bike, but they said they'd do it the next time they came. I had no money, and I ate the last of my stew and rice for breakfast friday, so for friday, saturday, and sunday I borrowed flour from the other elders and mixed it with water and fried it to make unleavened bread. I also ate the instant mashed potatoes you guys sent. And drank water. Good thing today we got our subsistence... The last thing that happened was that on Sunday it poured rain in the morning so no one, members and investigators alike, came to church. And we got beat by the rain and mud on our shirts. We met a lot of people during the week that I'm excited to teach and help. I love you guys. Love, Elder Chambers

No comments:

Post a Comment