You've gotta love Africa

You've gotta love Africa
Elder Chambers and Elder Kivaya in Oda

Going to Save the World

Going to Save the World
Elder Donovan Chambers

Monday, April 4, 2011

4 April 2011

How is everyone? I hope you guys enjoyed general conference. Well this week was transfers so that was the main thing that kept us busy. On tuesday Elder Asiedu left for the mission home, and we went round with Elder Hunsaker for the day. Then on Wednesday we had the transfer. So first of all I'm excited to be staying in Alajo for the next six weeks. They transferred Elder Moses to Teshie and he's back to being senior companion (he was one before coming to me). I hope he has a smooth transfer with his new companion. Elder Titus (from Nigeria) came to be our district leader and Elder Hunsaker's new companion. He has 12 weeks til he goes home. My new companion is Elder Nielsen from Highland Utah. He's been out like 9 months I think. The interesting thing is that we had the same trainer, Elder Ewudzie! Elder Ewudzie has now been home for about 5 days. I got to see him last wednesday at the mission home as he was waiting for his ride home. The rest of the district saw elder quinn leave for medina to be replaced by elder kalou from ivory coast and elder berry be the new ap. replacing him was elder chimoka from zimbabwe. The the rest of the week we had a lot of failed appointments, the usual blazing sun, and finding that make missionary work so fun. We actually had a great day of proselyting on saturday. Everything went smooth, according to plan, we had the spirit, and we had a free meal at night. Then on saturday night I was sick all night and sunday, too, I felt miserable. Sister Smith said it was probably malaria and since I started the medicine I feel a lot better and had a great night's sleep last night so I guess it probably was. Malaria just feels like getting the flu. You have a fever, stomach problems, body aches, and headache. Well I love you guys a lot. I'm doing great and praying you are too. I love serving as a missionary and I love alajo ward. Love, Elder Chambers

No comments:

Post a Comment