You've gotta love Africa

You've gotta love Africa
Elder Chambers and Elder Kivaya in Oda

Going to Save the World

Going to Save the World
Elder Donovan Chambers

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

16 August 2010

Hey everybody. I hope you guys are enjoying the last weeks of summer. I'm sure you guys are very busy. Hope everyone is ok. On wednesday we went to leadership training in Koforidua again. We learned about the process of revelation and the importance of getting our investigators to pray. We also learned about the importance of getting them to read the book of mormon. It was a really good training. I learned a lot and really l feel like my own prayers and my own Book of Mormon study could use some improvement. On thursday we went to proselyte in Kade, where the big news was that Francisca told us she's moving to Accra, but she still wants to be baptized before she moves there next week. So we'll be trying to help everything work out for her to be baptized and confirmed this weekend. She's the third of our baptismal candidates to move this month. It kind of bummed us. On Friday and Saturday we spent some busy days in Asamankese. Did a lot of teaching, which is always really nice. I think maybe when I come home I could study to be a high school teacher or something. Get three months of vacation every year. On Sunday we went to church in Kade. We taught the law of chastity in the investigators class. It was a really good discussion. Then we had a follow up lesson on it with Sylvester and his family. He is one guy who really is prepared to repent. We also went to this one village, Pramkese, to see a referral from one of our investigators. They investigator and referral are brothers, Emmanuel and Bright, and they are both correct guys. Hopefully we can prepare both of them to be baptized in September. Well that was my week. I love you guys. Hope you are praying for me. Love, Elder Chambers

No comments:

Post a Comment