You've gotta love Africa

You've gotta love Africa
Elder Chambers and Elder Kivaya in Oda

Going to Save the World

Going to Save the World
Elder Donovan Chambers

Monday, May 3, 2010

3 May 2010

Howdy everyone. I hope you are all doing well. It sounds like you guys really had a busy week. Everyone seems like they are doing great. Here in Oda we had a pretty good week. Elder Kivaya's fine. Nothing exciting except we had some rain storms. On sunday we got to watch a session of General Conference which was nice. I think it was Sunday morning's. We are having trouble getting the people we teach to apply what they learn to themselves (both members and investigators) without us just telling them. When we teach we have been told over and over that the way we have to do it is not by pouring information on them but by drawing information out of them. That is working pretty well but then they can't see how they need to change their lives to live what they learn. Well we're still practicing. In the mission we are trying to improve on the three things Elder Holland said missionaries generally don't do well: study, plan, teach for commitment. With Mother's Day we will get to call, but I don't know how because they haven't given us the phone chips like they did for Christmas. So unless someone brings us the chips from Accra... I don't really know what will happen, but we'll certainly get the chance to call, but maybe not on Sunday. It's tricky for the zone because we are all spread out and far from Accra. Everyone else in the Mission will be calling on Mother's day though. Either I think I'll try to call around the same time as Christmas or I'll email next Monday and tell you when I'll call. I can't believe it's AP tests already. That means Graduation will be any time now. Nice job Donovan. Good luck to Uncle Bryan and Connor. Congrats to Aunt Emily. Happy Birthday Ellery. Keep up the good work everyone else. Well, tell everyone I love them. I can't think of anything I need, but I'll let you know if I do. Enjoy yourselves! Love, Bradford

No comments:

Post a Comment